5/19/11

oneeighteight



5/14/2011

LPBC Part I


As I stepped off Bart, this is what I happened upon. My LP enjoying a little Civic Center homeless party and seagull eating a dead pigeon...but still, Jen was serene.

Jen and I decided that we needed to do a bar crawl-just the 2 of us. After picking up our bibs for Bay II Breakers we were near the park, so we headed to The Iron Cactus for some sangria. Next door was this place, The Creamery, that I'd always thought was an ice cream shop-so I was stoked-turns out, no ice cream...but they had beer. After a Blue Moon, we went to Lefty O'Douls for a Shock Top-then went shopping! When we'd tired, we hit up High Tide. Pool, a Juke Box, and a mouthwash shot later...it was time to head home. After all, we had the big race tomorrow.

Strolling down the street, I glimpsed an open door. Little did we know that would become our entertainment for the next 1 1/2 hours. Nevermind that the bartender was potentially a tranny. Nevermind that EVERYONE was smoking Marlboro Reds IN THE BAR! Nevermind that I talked to a guy named Ken for an hour as if he were my BFF. The Geary Club was a one-time deal-unless of course we need to prove to someone that it actually exists!

No comments:

Post a Comment